The following are Ogden City’s requirements for submitting residential plans for new construction.
- One (1) copy of the current ownership plat from Weber County.
- Two (2) site plans identifying lot lines and dimensions, drainage and grading, exact sewer and water tie-ins from the line to the proposed dwelling, approximate placement of the dwelling, topographical elevations and contours.
- Two (2) complete sets of construction drawings, which include floor plans for each floor, electrical diagrams, footing and foundation plans and front, rear and side elevations with final grade (include all retaining walls and engineering).
- Designs for each different wall type (e.g., bearing walls, shear walls, fire walls—including U.L. listing, exterior/interior walls).
- Framing details (e.g., roofs, floors, stairs, ramps, guardrails, etc.).
- Two (2) complete sets of engineered structural calculations stamped or sealed by the Utah-licensed professional.
- Two (2) complete sets of ResChecks (available through the U.S. Department of Energy's Building Energy Codes Program) or information identifying how the prescriptive requirements of the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code have been met (see Ogden City’s Energy Code Policy).