Continuing his commitment to revitalize Ogden, Mayor Mike Caldwell leads the city into the national spotlight. He tirelessly promotes our unique mix of outdoor recreation, burgeoning business, and commitment to education and community. His guidance flames Ogden's creative and independent spirit, attracting global business and world-class events.
His agenda includes promoting international and local economic development, partnering with Weber State University in the creation of a college town, and advancing the beautification of the Ogden River.
Under Mayor Caldwell's leadership, Forbes Magazine has listed Ogden 6th on the "Best Places for Business and Careers" (2012) and 20th on "America's 20 Fastest Growing Cities (2013).
Exploring the foothills near his childhood home on 9th Street and graduating in 1996 with a bachelor's degree in communication from Weber State University, Mike has continually possessed a passion for his hometown.
Before being elected mayor in November 2011, Mike served as Weber County's Public Information Officer, managed the Weber County Ice Sheet, and administered the Recreation, Arts, Museum and Parks (RAMP) fund.
Ogden City experienced many successes under Mike's leadership over the past year including:
- 1,500 new jobs
- Remodeling of the Ogden-Hinckley Airport terminal
- $10 million in grants, including $1 million for Weber State University's App Lab and Campus Store in downtown
- Refurbished 39 "Own in Ogden" homes
- Reclaimed 86 dilapidated homes
- Welcomed Gear:30, Fred Meyer, Neighborhood Wal-Mart, and First Security Bank buildings
- Created community partnerships with Weber County and Ogden School Districts
An avid, accomplished and lifelong outdoor athlete, Mike participates in the high-adventure recreation lifestyle with his wife, two daughters and a Weimaraner. Ogden's citizens have come to know Mike as a transparent city leader with an unsurpassed willingness to listen to their concerns.