Ogden Utah - Police
Welcome to Ogden! Sign in

    How Do I

    Related Links

    Get Directions

    Ogden City  >  Public Safety  >  Police Department  >  Community Safety  >  Ogden Animal Services

    Ogden Animal Services

    Ogden Animal Services

    Print This PageEmail a Friend

    Ogden City Animal Services is dedicated to serve the community to the best of its capacity through current offered animal services: pet licensing, chipping, and animal control and animal law enforcement.

    Pet Licensing

    Pet licenses are renewable every year contingent upon a current rabies vaccination. An updated rabies tag does not take the place of an updated pet license; a pet owner may opt for a three-year rabies vaccine for their pet, but must also renew their pet’s license each year. To renew or obtain a pet license for your dog, cat, or ferret, go to:


    Ogden City encourages all pets to be micro-chipped. A citizen is able to micro-chip their pet through many commercial places: veterinarian offices, adoptions centers, etc. 

    Animal Control

    Ogden City animal control officers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays to enforce city codes and ordinances relating to domestic pets. They can be reached by telephone or through making a request via the smart phone application iOgden. The report through iOgden will only be handled if contact information is supplied. Animal control officers handle complaints and concerns about neighborhood dogs and cats such as animal bites or attacks.

    Leash Laws

    Animal control officers enforce the leash laws defined in Ordinance 13-2-6:A which mandates humane restraint for pets in all public areas. Dogs shall be leashed at all times they are off of their own property. In all public areas including parks, walkways, playgrounds, streets, and common areas all dogs must be leashed. The only exception is at Ogden’s new Dog Park where designated areas are completely fenced and confined to offer an off-leash experience for dogs both large and small.

    Animal Bites

    Animal bites are extremely serious, and Animal Control needs to be notified immediately if these occur. If you or someone you know has been bitten by a pet or a feral or wild animal in Ogden City, call 911 if you seek medical assistance, and call, every time, Ogden City Animal Control immediately.

    Other Animal Services

    Weber County

    Weber County offers a centralized county-wide animal shelter at the Weber County Fairgrounds. Animals from our community are being well cared for and are kept for the longest time possible according to regulations and shelter protocol in hopes of the animal going to a good home. They also have traps available for feral cats, raccoons, and skunks. To search for a lost pet, adopt a new pet, drop off a lost pet, or for assistance in an owner relinquish situation, contact Weber County Animal Services.

    Veterinary Hospitals and Big Fix Mobile

    Rabies vaccinations and spay/neuter surgery can be done at a local veterinary clinic. Also, the Big Fix Mobile Spay and Neuter Clinic tours the Ogden area several times per year and offers discounted sterilization surgery for pets. Ogden citizens that qualify can receive a voucher for free spay or neutering of all their household pets. Go to www.utahpets.org to see if you qualify, and visit the Ogden community calendar at for upcoming dates and locations of The Big Fix mobile tour.

    Utah Division of Wildlife Services

    Utah Division of Wildlife Service handles issues with wild animals such as deer (injured or dead) and rattlesnakes. Commercial pest control services can be contacted for assistance with a nuisance skunk or raccoon in your area. Contaqct the UDWS for these incidents.