The starting salary for an Ogden City officer is $3,192 per month/$18.41 an hour.
- Top-notch life, dental and health insurance
- 26.76 % non-contributory retirement plan
- 401 K and 457 supplemental retirement plans
- Paid training and certification
- Bilingual pay
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Uniform allowance
- Tuition allowance (up to $1,000.00 per year)
- Beginning total compensation value $30/hr.
- Free police academy training for accepted applicants
- Job security
- Participation in Ogden’s “Officer Next Door” program 50 % off listed price on HUD foreclosed homes in Ogden $10,000.00 loan that converts to a grant after 5 year owner occupancy
New Ogden City Police Officers participate in the Utah Retirement System and may retire after twenty five years of service earning 1.5% credit per each year worked.