Looking for something interesting and meaningful to do?
Support your local police department.
The Volunteers In Police Service program provides support and resources for the Ogden City Police Department for citizens who wish to volunteer their time and skills with a community law enforcement agency. The program’s ultimate goal is to enhance the capacity of state and local law enforcement to utilize volunteers.
- Administrative Duties
- Enter data
- Type reports, file, answer phones, and perform other office tasks
- Help front counter personnel by answering citizen inquiries and performing routine administrative tasks
- Help telephone reporting units take reports of minor and "no suspect" crimes
- Citizen Patrols
- Provide bike patrols in community parks
- Patrol shopping centers during the holiday season to assist stranded motorists or lost children
- Write citations for violations of handicapped parking restrictions
- Home vacation checks
- Community Liaison Activities
- Citizens’ advisory boards
- Speakers bureau on disaster preparedness or identity theft
- Staff community policing substations
- Staff a department booth and distribute information on police services at community events
- Youth-Related Activities
- Serve as a mentor
- Assist in school-based programs such as DARE
- Assist with after-school programs
- Compile crime data for specific area problems
- Crime mapping and analysis
- Assist with . . .
- Search and rescue activities
- Role-playing and training scenarios for officers
- Victim assistance
- Disaster response
- Graffiti abatement programs
- Special events
- Crime prevention programs
- Bilingual volunteers can assist with translation
To volunteer, please contact Community Police at . . .