Nine Rails Creative District
The name Nine Rails pays tribute to Ogden’s history as a railroad town, originally a major connection point on the Transcontinental Railroad and later, during World War II, a hub for nine different rail lines. “You can’t get anywhere without coming to Ogden” was a city slogan for a decade or more. The Nine Rails name is also symbolic of the Nine Muses from Greek mythology, with each muse representing a different form of artistic expression.
For more information, check out the complete project summary in English or in Spanish/en Espanol. You can also sign up for the Nine Rails Creative District Association e-mail newsletter.
Share Your IdeasWe want to hear from you! Below are several items that you can review and comment on.
- Map of the Creative District
- Goals, Objectives, and Strategies for the Creative District
- Creative District Master Plan, adopted by the Ogden City Council on August 14, 2018
- 25th Street Improvements, Concept Designs
#wecreateogden is an opportunity to express your unique vision for a new Creative District in Ogden. Share your ideas and your craft by tagging photos showing how you live, create, and engage with the community:
- WHAT IF - Take a picture of an empty lot or run-down building and tell us what you think it could become.
- I CREATE - Share with us what you, your friends, and neighbors are working on.
- CREATIVE LIFE - How do you live creatively in the district? What makes your neighborhood unique?
Post your photos to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #wecreateogden, and set your posts to public so that others can see your ideas.
This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts.