Recreation FAQ

Isn't it Parks and Recreation?

Not all cities are the same! Ogden City separates Parks and Recreation into two separate departments. In general, the Parks Department handles the maintenance of parks, restrooms, playgrounds, pavilions, tennis courts, and pickleball courts. They also handle the reservation of pavilions at the parks. The Recreation Department handles the maintenance of ball fields, soccer field reservations, Marshall White Recreation Center, Golden Hours Senior Center, and Lorin Farr Pool. The Recreation Department also handles all organized adult and youth programs, sports, and classes.  

Where do I go?

The Recreation Department has two offices, one at 1875 Monroe Blvd in the Community Services Building and a second at Marshall White Recreation Center at 222 28th St. You can register and pay for programs at either office. 

What about outdoor soccer?

The American Youth Soccer Organization handles all outdoor soccer offerings for Ogden City. Please visit for more information. Ogden Recreation offers indoor soccer for 3-5yr olds only.

Rain Out Policy

Games will be cancelled by 2pm in cases of weather. After 2pm, arrive to your games as scheduled and games will be called on the field.