Become a Member
Join and Give
The Union Station Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Our Mission: The Union Station Foundation operates the historic Ogden Union Station as an educational and cultural resource. We celebrate the crossroads of the American West where the spirit of adventure inspires innovation and discovery for visitors of all ages.
Consider supporting the Union Station in the following ways:
Donate to the Union Station
Your tax-deductible gift in any amount helps us to meet our mission. This coming year we are excited to offer traveling exhibits and educational programs that encourage the public to explore the history of the Union Station, Ogden, and the American West. Our future is bright and full of possibilities! We thank you for your continued support and partnership and we invite you to join us on this historic journey.
Become a Member
- Free admission to the Gallery at the Station and the Myra Powell Gallery
- Free admission to all four museums
- 10% off gift shop purchases
- Free subscription to our digital newsletter, The Junction
- Free admission to the Ogden Nature Center and free weekday admission to the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park
- 1 free admission to Hostlers Model Railroad Festival at Union Station
- 50% off admission to Tracy Aviary
- Admission to member-only exhibit preview days
- 10% off photography fee for one posed, indoor photography session (reservation required)
The Union Station’s active volunteers provide a visitor-friendly learning experience in a welcoming and educational environment. As a small museum with limited staff, our knowledgeable volunteers serve as the face of our organization and our greatest connection to the community. Volunteers are essential partners in the operation of historic Ogden Union Station as an educational and cultural resource.
Once an active train station, Union Station is now home to event spaces, two art galleries, and four museums: the Utah State Railroad Museum, John M. Browning Firearms Museum, Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum, and Utah State Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
- Utah State Railroad Museum Docent
- John M. Browning Firearm’s Museum Docent
- Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum Docent
- Utah State Cowboy and Western Heritage Docent
- Cashier in Ticket Window
- Archival/Library Volunteer (3.5 hour shifts)
- Translating museum tours (must be fluent in second language)
- Building and exhibit maintenance
Training and Commitment
The museums are open from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Volunteer shifts are 3.5 hours each (10am-1:30pm/1:30pm-5pm), and other volunteer positions are more flexible.
Volunteers report to our Volunteer Coordinator will be trained for essential positions as an integral part of our team. Please contact us if you have questions at 801-393-9890.
If interested in volunteering please feel out our online application