Business Information Center
The Business Information Center (BIC) is Ogden City’s one-stop shop for business resources, capital opportunities, counseling and mentoring.
Emergency Loan Fund (COVID-19)
Ogden City’s Emergency Loan Fund is available to help companies immediately affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are committed to responding to COVID-19 and its related economic impacts, and these loans are intended to support companies during a short period of economic hardship.
Loans up to $10,000 are available for working capital to help businesses with expenses such as rent and payroll. General loan terms are provided below:
- Loans amount: Up to $10,000
- Interest rate: 0%
- Term: 10 years
- Deferred payment: Up to 12-month deferral on payment
To better serve businesses in Ogden, the application and review process for loans has been streamlined. The following documentation is required:
- Loan Application
- Emergency Loan Fund application
- Emergency Loan Fund application (in Spanish/en Espanol)
- Note: the $100 application fee will be deducted from loan proceeds
- Most recent, available federal tax return (business and personal)
- Both the most recent year and current month-to-date profit & loss statements
- Both the most recent year and current month-to-date balance sheets
- Entity’s organizational documents
- Current driver’s license
- Current Ogden City business license
- Payroll verification
At present, there is limited funding available for loans and a high volume of applications is anticipated. Businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Loan funding will be prioritized based on urgency of need. Ogden City is pursuing additional funding to support this loan program.
Flexibility on collateral and LTV (loan-to-value) requirements will be provided on a case-by-case basis. A personal guarantee is required from all applicants and their spouses (if applicable).
The Emergency Loan Fund application is available in English and in Spanish/en Espanol. Applications should be submitted by e-mail. We encourage businesses to confirm eligibility prior to applying by contacting the Business Information Center (BIC) by phone at (801) 629-8613, or by e-mail.
Business Loan Programs
- Loan programs designed to create jobs and stimulate new and existing Ogden City business growth
- Business loans: $5,000 to $250,000
- Interest rate: up to 18%
- Term of payments: up to 10 years
- Program Guidelines:
- If interested in applying, please fill out the Loan Intake Form: Loan Intake Form (PDF)
- Send Loan Intake Form to email@example.com.
- Or submit form at 2036 Lincoln Avenue, Number 105, Ogden, UT 84401.
Other Funding Sources
If potential applicants are likely to qualify for financing through a traditional lender, we can also help you research and connect with lenders that will best serve your business needs.
Business Counseling & Mentoring
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Counselors
- Free one-on-one business consultations, "Smart Start" Workshops, Planning Tools, market data and other resources
- Se habla español
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) Mentors
- Fostering vibrant small business communities through free mentoring and education
Meeting Space & Business Resources
- Business workstations (computers, printers, etc.)
- Conference Room
Home of the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (UHCC) - Ogden Chapter
The UHCC - Ogden Chapter provides leadership, opportunities for economic growth, professional development and community involvement for its members.
Email the BIC today to help grow your business!