Ogden City has managed a municipal airport since 1928. The original airport sat on 200 acres in southeast Ogden (near where the Ogden Regional hospital is now located) and had three gravel runways. In 1940, work began on development of a section of land southwest of Ogden to meet army air service requirements. In May 1943, the airport was reestablished to its current location and on October 1943 was dedicated as the Robert H. Hinckley Airport. More of this info can be found in the Standard-Examiner Oct. 3, 1943 Pg 2-B and .
Robert H. Hinckley Field was named after the Ogden native who has a long history with aviation. Robert H. Hinckley list of achievements are vast. A short list - co-founder of the Utah Pacific Airways which became the largest Fixed Based Operator (FBO) in the Rocky Mountain area during that time, created the Civilian Pilot training program which trained pilots to serve in WW2, head of the Civil Aeronautics Authority (CAA) which became the FAA, co-founded the ABC News network and founder of the Hinckley Institute of Politics. More of his story can be found on Evalogue.life
In 1943, Western Airlines began mail and passenger service from Ogden, with United Airlines providing service in 1946. Both services ended in 1960 due to poor demand.
In 2012, Allegiant Air started service to Mesa/Phoenix and has been very successful. The Ogden airport continues to strive for adding more service to other destinations.
In May 2021, Avelo Air started service to Burbank-Los Angeles.
- AED (Heart Defibrillators) - Located on the left wall in the terminal lobby next to the Paystation pay kiosk.
- Baggage Claim - Located outside the terminal under the veranda. Luggage is loaded onto a baggage cart and the cart is parked at the front of the Terminal for pickup.
- Restrooms - There are 2 ADA single occupant restrooms in the main lobby of the terminal. Additional restrooms are:
Women's: the left side of the terminal as you walk into the restaurant area; the passenger hold room.
Men's: the right side of the terminal next to the ticketing booth; the passenger hold room.
- Wheelchairs - available at the airline ticket counter
- Pet Relief Areas - There are 2 pet relief areas - 1) the grassy area on the west side of the terminal. Please clean up after your pet, the grassy area is a public picnic and playground area of the airport. 2) past the security checkpoint - ask the gate agent at the boarding door for assistance.