- Owners, Tenants & Pilots
Owners, Tenants & Pilots
The Ogden Airport (OGD) is a CFR Part 139 certified regulated Class 1 airport concerning safety. The airport is also regulated by TSA under CFR Part 1542 Airport Security as a Category III airport.
OGD Airport has an FAA contract control tower, two runways, and an all-weather, 24-hour precision ILS approach capability. The City of Ogden expects all of our owners, tenants, and pilots to follow all City, State and Federal rules and regulations. These are referenced below. For any questions, please call the Airport Manager 801-629-8223.
TITLE 14 CFR Part 139 - Airport Safety requires FAA to issue airport operating certificates to airports that:
- Serve scheduled and unscheduled air carrier aircraft with more than 30 seats;
- Serve scheduled air carrier operations in aircraft with more than 9 seats but less than 31 seats; and
- The FAA Administrator requires to have a certificate.
This Part does not apply to airports at which air carrier passenger operations are conducted only because the airport has been designated as an alternate airport. Airport Operating Certificates serve to ensure safety in air transportation. To obtain a certificate, an airport must agree to certain operational and safety standards and provide for such things as firefighting and rescue equipment. These requirements vary depending on the size of the airport and the type of flights available. The regulation, however, does allow FAA to issue certain exemptions to airports that serve few passengers yearly and for which some requirements might create a financial hardship.
TITLE 49 CFR Part 1542 - Airport Security
This part describes aviation security rules governing:
- (a) The operation of airports regularly serving aircraft operations required to be under a security program under part 1544 of Subchapter C, as described in this part.
- (b) The operation of airport regularly serving foreign air carrier operations required to be under a security program under part 1546 of Subchapter C , as described in this part.
- (c) Each airport operator that receives a Security Directive or Information Circular and each person who receives information from a Security Directive or Information Circular issued by the Designated official for Civil Aviation Security.
- (d) Each airport operator that does not have a security program under this part that serves an aircraft operator operating under a security program under part 1544 of this chapter, or a foreign air carrier operating under a security program under part 1546 of Subchapter C . Such airport operators must comply with § 1542.5(e).