Keys to the City Scavenger Hunt
Join us for a great day in downtown Ogden with the of our first annual fully outdoor scavenger hunt, Keys to the City! This past year has proven that it takes grit and determination to make it in Ogden. Do you and your friends have what it takes to earn the Keys to the City?
25 Clues & 1 Grand Prize. Unlock secret places, historic haunts, and new views as you and your team solve clues in our daylong uptown scavenger hunt in downtown's many vibrant neighborhoods, which we are proud to call home. In one great day, you’ll encounter the past, present, and future of downtown Ogden as you document your journey – while helping us raise vital funds to support the Museum. All clues will be located outside, and the Hunt is designed to be done in a safe, socially-distant manner.
Please note the scavenger hunt clues are written with adult users in mind and not specifically pitched at a younger audience. Please keep this in mind if you choose to bring children!
In light of the ongoing health crisis and related uncertainty, registration fee refunds up to $12 for adults and $8 for youths will be considered on case-by-case basis. No refunds will be offered if the event is moved to the rain date. All donations from fundraising are non-refundable and fully tax-deductible.
How the Hunt Works
- Teams of at most 10 and at least 2 players start from a location of their choosing to decipher clues to identify sites in Central Business (25th Street), Jefferson, Railyard, and West Ogden. Please contact us at email@example.com if you don't have a team, but are interested in participating.
- Team members must register individually, please note that registration closes at June 25 at 8:00 AM.
- Children 10 and up are permitted to participate but please note that there are some adult themes in the clues and that they must register at the $15 General Admission rate.
- Clues are worth different point values depending on difficulty and distance. Teams do not have to visit every site; rather, the objective is to earn as many points as possible in the allotted time.
- Teams must photograph all of their members at the clue sites and post their pictures to a team-designated Instagram account to earn points.
- Please have your Instagram handle ready in advance – View instructions on how to create an Instagram account here.
- In case of rain – The scavenger hunt will be rescheduled to Saturday, June 19 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please note that no refunds will be offered if the event is moved to the rain date.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Once you create a team, use your platform to raise funds in support of the Museum! Become a champion of the city we call home and keep our collective, Ogden culture and story alive, by sharing your fundraising page with friends and family, and win prizes for reaching your goal.
Support of Keys to the City helps the Museums continue to connect our community through various programs that explore the qualities that define Ogden and keep Ogden City’s culture alive through local events like Heritage Festival, Living Heritage Celebrations, and Keys to the City. With your support, our public and community programs can continue to serve approximately 10,000 Ogdenites yearly.