OGD AIRPORT NORTH TIE-DOWN APRON RECONSTRUCTION, SCHEDULE II (June 1st - Sept 20)
Granite Construction is scheduled to begin the second half of the North Tie-Down Apron Reconstruction on Tuesday June 1st, 2021.
Phase One - June 1st - July 19th
The pavement will be removed airside of four hangars. Each of these hangar owners & users should make arrangements to not have aircraft access in or out of their hangars between June 1st and July 19th.
Affected Hangars - N-1302, the northmost bay only, Hangar N-1410, Hangar N-1460, and Hangar N-1504.
Phase Two - July 19th - August 3rd
Twenty one (21) hangars will lose the ability to get an aircraft from their hangar to the Runway & Taxiways. Each hangar owner or user will need to make arrangements to not have aircraft access in or out of their hangars between July 19th and August 23rd.
Affected Hangars - Hangar N848, Hangar N-824, Hangars N-946, N-942, N-936, N-930, N-924, N-918, N-1038, N-1034, N-1028, N-1022, N-1016 & N-1010, Hangar N-916, Hangar N-1004, Hangar 1108, Hangar N-1116, Hangar N-1110, Hangar N-1204, and Hangar N-1302.
Additional time will be required to core the tie-down anchor points and to paint in the striping and the tie-down "T's".
These dates represent the best estimates for each phase, but the actual times could vary somewhat.
The full project should be completed by mid September.
- Demolition of Hangars N-420, S-543, S-553
- Construction of Fiber Optic network loop around OGD Airport for internet access / data transmission
- Maintenance Complex west side of airport improvements - Grading / cleanup ; utilities upgrade ; creation of west side entrance
- Demolition of old tower on top of terminal building. Completed August 2021
- Demolition of Hangar N-850
- Design of $2 million expansion of airport terminal; construction Spring 2022
- Replacement of antiquated airport generator with larger capacity
- Replacement of Pilot Control Lighting system
- Replacement of Hangar 755 roof
- Construction of new partial parallel taxiway Foxtrot west of approach end of Runway 17
- Remodel of restaurant in terminal