Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Ogden is considering adopting changes to its zoning ordinance regulating converting hotels and motels to multiple-family dwellings. The proposed ordinance would:
1. Require that at least fifteen percent (15%) of the dwelling units have at least one (1) bedroom, and an additional ten percent (10%) have two (2) or more bedrooms.
2. Require certain equipment to constitute a kitchen.
3. Require facilities with sixteen (16) or more rooms to provide twenty-four (24) hour on site management.
4. Establish and clarify standards for open space, amenities, and architectural design.
5. Define and clarify terms, including, without limitation, the definition of “single room occupancy.” See the links below for more information.
The Ogden Planning Commission heard this proposal on November 2, 2022 and recommended the Council approve it. The Council will consider the change at a future date.
Proposed Hotel and Motel Conversion Ordinance
Notice of Pending Ordinance
Hotel and Motel Conversions - Planning Commission Staff Report November 2, 2022
November 2, 2022 Planning Commission Notice