All contractors doing work within Ogden City should refer to the specifications provided by the APWA Manual of Standard Specifications (2017 Edition), APWA Manual of Standard Plans (2017 Edition) and Ogden City's Engineering Standards for Public Improvements (2020 Edition), and coordinate with the field inspector assigned to their project to ensure critical inspections are not missed and all required specifications are met.
Contractors should contact their assigned Engineering Inspector immediately after Activating their permit. The Engineering Inspector's name and contact information is located in the upper right-hand corner of the permit, directly below the ENG permit number:
The Engineering Inspector will schedule an on-site preconstruction meeting or other inspection depending on the nature of the work being performed.
All inspections for Engineering Permits are scheduled directly with the Engineering Inspector.
Types of Inspections
Find a listing of common items looked at during the associated inspection.
- Concrete Waterways Inspection
- Culinary Water Mains (C-900 and C-909 Plastic Pipe) Inspection
- Culinary Water Mains (Ductile Iron) Inspection
- Curb and Gutter Inspection
- Detention Basins and Storm Drains Inspection
- Driveway Approach Inspection
- Handicap Ramps Inspection
- Monument Inspection
- Park Strip Trees and Landscaping Inspection
- Roadway and Asphalt Inspection
- Sanitary Sewer Inspection
- Sidewalk Inspection
- Street and Traffic Control Signs Inspection
- Traffic Control Inspection