Join Our Team
The minimum requirements to become an Ogden City Police Officer are as follows:
- Graduation from high school or possession of GED certificate.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen on/by the date of the first examination.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the date of hire.
- Successful completion of testing process which may include physical agility test, written examination, oral board interviews, background investigation, psychological examination and evaluation, interview, and medical examination and drug screen.
- Successful completion of Utah NP.O.S.T. exam prior to designated application deadline.
- Graduation from Peace Officers Standards and Training Academy within six (6) months of hire.
- Considerable human relations and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, make critical decisions, and use initiative and common sense.
- Must have valid Utah Driver License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.