50 / 50 Concrete Replacement
Ogden City is offering the 50 / 50 Concrete Replacement Program which offers residents an immediate and economical way to repair or replace broken sidewalks and / or curb and gutter located in front of their property.
Standard City sidewalks and standard curb and gutter located within the city right-of-way, and the concrete must show any of these types of deterioration.
Sidewalk break down:
- 3 or more cracks per panel
- 25% spalling or breaking into chips
- Vertical or horizontal displacement of ½ inch or more
- Holes that have become a safety hazard
- Spalls or depressions which cause water to pond and in winter forms ice pockets
Driveways, driveway aprons and house walks (concrete walkways between the home and the street) - these are the homeowner's responsibility. Commercial properties are also not eligible at this time to participate in the 50 / 50 Program (unless they are located within a Residential zone).
- Homeowner is encouraged to contact Ogden City Engineering by email or by phone at 801-629-8918.
- An Ogden City representative will visit the site to determine if it is eligible for participation in the 50 / 50 Program.
- Once the site has been determined "eligible," the homeowner is given an application form for the program. The homeowner then hires a contractor to perform the work.
- Your contractor shall obtain an Ogden City permit. If a permit is not obtained prior to completing the work, the reimbursement will be forfeited.
- Once the work is complete, Contact Ogden City Engineering 801-629-8918 for a final inspection.
- Home owner will pay the contractor in full. Once the contractor has been paid, bring the application, work invoice, permit, and proof of payment (a copy showing both the front and back of the bank - endorsed check is best) to:
Ogden City Engineering
2549 Washington Boulevard
Ogden, UT 84401
- Once payment is verified, a reimbursement check will be mailed to the applicant. The resident has 60 days to confirm participation by returning the signed contract and payment amounting to 50% of the contracted costs.
Reimbursement will occur on a first-come-first-served basis. Funding is available at this time, but once the funding is exhausted, the 50/50 Program will not be available until funding is secured in the future.