- Arts & Events 2022
- Opportunities for Musicians
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MUSICIANS IN OGDEN CITY!
1. Apply to perform with Ogden Downtown Alliance. Throughout the year the Ogden Downtown Alliance hires musicians and entertainers to take part in community events like The Farmers Market Ogden, The Fall Market, Harvest Moon Celebration, and Music on the Plaza.
2. Visit Ogden has a list of participating restaurants and bars that hire musicians. Take a look at their website and make a few connections!
3. Add your name to the Solo/Duo Musician Database. This collection of artists can be made available to event organizers upon request. Note that this database was previously used by Ogden City to collect names for the Tunes at Noon series, which has since been cut from City programming. For access to this list, please email email@example.com.
4. Submit your name into the Ogden Musician Data Base shared to Ogden City event organizers. From here, we collect the information we need to select artists for our varying series and events. Please understand that Ogden City produces very few events, and the information we collect is shared with other event organizers in Ogden. Many community events have musicians and it is always fun to review the submissions and share your talent with our community. For access to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. For Musical styles that correlate with First Friday Art Stroll, appeal to participating galleries and businesses. Or add your name to the Local Artist Database. Having your information on this site will not only help to increase the amount of work you receive, but keep you informed on what is happening with the arts in Ogden.
6. For school choirs and other holiday performances, consider performing during Ogden's Christmas Village! Performances are held Monday through Saturday in December. Starting in October, you can email Amphitheater@ogdencity.com for more information! Performance slots are given on a first come, first served basis.
7. Check Now Playing Utah for recent call for artists! They increase awareness about arts and cultural opportunities in Utah by providing a state-wide, comprehensive events resource.
8. Build your own event or performance! Visit Ogden City Events for information on permitting. Or visit Ogden City Arts for information on Arts Grants (open mid-January through mid-March yearly).
When you've booked your gig, start talking about it! We'd love to help! Tag us in your Instagram posts and we'll share from our stories on @The_Corner_Ogden.
We're excited to hear from you!