Open Artist Calls
Ogden City Poet Laureate- call
Ogden City Arts is seeking an individual of any age to serve as the official ambassador of literary culture for the Ogden community.
The selected Poet Laureate will use his or her position as a platform from which to promote the transformative qualities of poetry and the written word through all parts of the community. Ogden City Arts is hoping to raise the community consciousness to a greater appreciation of the reading and writing of poetry, while supporting literary arts, ephemeral arts, and a vibrant art scene in Ogden City.
The Poet Laureate will serve a 2-year term with the option of a second term. He/she may be asked to make appearances at public events such as Mayor’s Awards in the Arts, City Council Meetings, ribbon cutting ceremonies, etc. At these events the Poet Laureate will perform a reading of his or her own writings, or of another author/poet that best fits the occasion.
This position will require dedication in promoting literary education in our schools and communities. The individual should also seek to bring poetry to the people in Ogden who have limited access or exposure to the literary arts.
Email Applications to: email@example.com by November 30, 2019.
Ogden City Poet Laureate Applications Should Include:
- A cover page that includes the applicant’s name, address, and other contact information including a phone number and email. The cover page should also include the following statement of certification followed by a signature:
- A letter of interest that addresses the following:
- Why should you be the Ogden City Poet Laureate?
- How will you accomplish the responsibilities of Poet Laureate?
- Describe two projects you would want to accomplish for the community as Poet
- How might you help raise appreciation and/or awareness about Ogden’s unique culture, history, geography, economy, and politics?
- A Vita including publication credits.
- Letters or statements of recommendation (may include statements in the letter of interest).
- Ten page writing sample of applicant’s poetry.
Any questions concerning this call, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org