Protective Orders can be valuable documents to help keep an abusive partner away. If you get one, you should:
- Make several copies of the order, keeping one at home, at work, in your car, in your purse.
- Understand its provisions and always call police if there is a violation. Protective orders vary by state, but most will prohibit such acts as assault, threats to harm you, intimidation, and harassment. If any such act has happened to you, call police immediately.
- Always tell the 911 operator that you have an active protective order.
- Inform day care centers or schools your children attend that the order is in effect.
- Make sure school officials know who is authorized to pick up your children.
- In Weber County you will need to go to the 2nd District Court House located at:
2nd District Court House
2525 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone: 801- 395-1079
No One Deserves to Be Hit.