Report a Crime

Crime prevention cannot be achieved by the police alone. Law enforcement officers must work hand-in-hand with the public to fight crime throughout our communities. As such, we depend heavily on your assistance in reporting crimes to the police. If you have been a victim of a crime, please report it. We understand it's never easy, but if crimes are left unreported, then in effect we've given criminals a free ticket to commit more crime, damaging both individuals and communities again and again.

Reporting Emergencies

In an emergency you should always dial 911. Use this service to contact police in situations when you need an immediate response - if a crime is happening now or if someone is in immediate danger. 911 Emergency Response also dispatches calls for the fire department and ambulance services, so please be clear about which service you need when you call.

Reporting Non-Emergencies

Please do not call 911 for non-emergencies. Instead, contact the Ogden City Police Department for non-emergencies at 801-395-8221. This number is answered by a live person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Reporting a Crime in Person

Crimes committed within Ogden City limits may be reported in-person at the Francom Public Safety Building, 2186 Lincoln Avenue, Ogden, Utah.  The person reporting the crime will be asked to provide details of the crime and make a formal statement about the facts of the case. Afterwards, a case reference number is provided for use in tracking progress of the case and for making insurance claims.

Reporting Crime Anonymously

Residents are encouraged to dial (866) Tip-A-Cop, or 801-629-8188 to provide information about their own neighborhoods that may assist police officers in resolving issues. 

Report Online

Please click here to find information about online reporting.