Ogden City has multiple recreation opportunities for youth that want to play soccer in the community. This includes indoor and outdoor soccer leagues that have varying seasons for registration to increase the ability to play year round. Some of the soccer programs listed have early bird price discounts for early seasonal registration. The information for each soccer organization includes their area of service, a general season of registration, program types and website for further information.
Ogden City Recreation Soccer
Ogden City Recreation has the Mighty Mites Indoor Soccer program available for children ages 3 - 5. This program runs Saturday mornings, with a short practice before each game. Times will vary depending on which team the child is placed on. Parents are encouraged to volunteer to coach. This program is played at 222 28th St, Marshall White Center on Saturday mornings.
- Fall Registration: July - October | Season: Oct - November
- Winter Registration: October - December | Season: January - March
- Spring Registration: Jan - March | Season: April - May
Community Soccer Options
Outdoor soccer offerings are provided throughout the city by different organizations. These organizations include, but are not limited to: AYSO, GREMIO, L30 SOCCER, OGDEN SOCCER, SWAT and WASATCH SOCCER.
For more information, please visit the following programs and their websites:
AMERICAN YOUTH SOCCER ORGANIZATION (AYSO)
The American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) Region 351 has programs for ages 3-18. There are recreational and competitive programs, and they are now opening recreational soccer registration for Fall 2019/Spring 2020. Available programs include:
- PLAYGROUND SOCCER (ages 3-4)
- CORE (ages 5-18)
- EXTRA (age 9-18):
- AYSO United (9-18:) (The official club program of American Youth Soccer Organization partnered with UYSA. It offers coaches the opportunity to take teams to the highest level of play while maintaining the ethics and philosophies of AYSO.)
- VIP (all ages): (A program providing a soccer experience for individuals whose physical or mental disabilities make it difficult for them to successfully participate on mainstream soccer teams. Successful participation is defined by the player’s enjoyment and the safety of all team members.)
More information on programs, registration and try out dates can be found on the official AYSO website.
Gremio FC Utah is located North of Salt Lake City in Ogden, Utah. They offer recreational and youth soccer programs, and registration is mandatory for both new and returning players. Those unable to register online can register in person from 4:30 - 5 p.m. on the day of tryout. If a player misses tryouts due to sickness or being out of town - individual registration is available with an appointment by email and not spots guaranteed. Available program age ranges include:
- Grêmio Competitive Youth Soccer
- U9 & U10 Boys and Girls
- U11 - U14 Boys
- U15 - U19 Boys
- U11 - U14 Girls
- U15 - U19 Girls
- Grêmio Junior Recreation Soccer
- U7 Boys and Girls
- U8 Boys and Girls
All tryout dates and registration details can be found on the official Gremio website.
L30 is a Utah Youth Soccer Association member dedicated to serving youth soccer teams in Utah. Founded in Morgan-Weber-Davis Counties, L30 now supports teams state-wide with registration, referee assigning, field Coordination, uniform/equipment options and team placement in local & state gaming leagues. L30 team registration is found and registered for online due to the unique nature of each team’s age range, practice schedule and location. Available programs include:
- L30 Proper Teams (L30 Proper teams are a collection of unique teams that have different names, uniforms and customized soccer experiences for their players.)
- L30 Clusters (Some L30 Proper Teams grow into larger clusters of teams with the same name, uniforms and have a centralized organization for their group and club fees that are collected independently from L30 registration.)
- L30 Sub-Clubs (L30 Sub-Clubs are formal entities with their own Board of Directors, bylaws & policies, standardized club fees and organizational structure.)
More information on programs, registration and try out dates can be found on the official L30 Soccer website.
The Ogden Soccer organization will have open registration until June 15 for various youth soccer programs, including recreational and competitive soccer. Young children can start in the Ogden Little Lions, a parent participation program. Older players can join GOALeague Recreational Soccer or competitive circuits with multiple levels of play. Registration is open until June 15 of each year for the following Fall and Spring season.
Available programs include:
- Little Lion’s (3-5 years of age)
- 4v4 Soccer (5-8 years of age)
- 7v7 Soccer (8-10 years of age)
- 9v9 Soccer (10-12 years of age)
- 11V11 Soccer (13-18 years of age)
More information on registration details, deadlines and prices can be found on the official Ogden Soccer website.
Swat Recreation Soccer provides programs for youth boys and girls in Northern Weber County. They offer organized soccer leagues in the Farr West Area, and have recently added a North Ogden area league. Both leagues will be run separately up to the U12 age group. All ages U12 and younger will have teams organized and games played in either the usual Farr West locations or the North Ogden area locations. Ages older than U12 (U14 and older) will be combined between the two areas. Registration is currently open for the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 season. When participants register, they will choose which location they would like to play in. Online Registration for tryouts is required for all players. Available programs include:
- SWAT Rec Soccer (Program available for boys and girls U4 thru U19, or birth year 2001-2016. No tryouts required.)
- SWAT Competitive Soccer
- U7-U10 Boys and Girls
- U11-U14 Boys
- U15-U19 Boys
- U11-U17 Girls
More information on registration details, deadlines and prices can be found on the official Swat Soccer website.
The Wasatch Soccer Club has over 80 teams covering ages U-7 to U-19, comprising of both girls and boys teams. Wasatch SC is centered in the Kaysville—Layton area and has many members from surrounding cities. All players are required to register online. Each player is linked to a Primary Parent/Family account. A Parent can have multiple players linked to their Primary/Family account. Wasatch SC teams are structured within Academy, X-League, and Competition (traditional and elite) programs. Each of these groups is again broken down into competitive division based on how the team performs.
Available programs are:
- PRE-ACADEMY: (U6 or 2013 birth year to register)
- ACADEMY (U7-U8): (U7 and U8 play in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 format)
- X-LEAGUE (U9-U12): (X-League is considered a "competitive" soccer program. Teams are still focused on individual player development (technical skill), but start to introduce team concepts and tactical play. U9 and U10 play 7v7, with goalkeepers and U11 and U12 play 9v9 with goalkeepers.)
- COMPETITION (U13-U19): (All UYSA Players in the U11-U19 age group play traditional "competition" soccer. U13 - U19 play 11v11 with goalkeepers.)
- ELITE (Any Age): (Wasatch specific offering for only Premier level teams. These are regular competition teams but offer a more serious training/playing environment.)
More information on registration details, deadlines and prices can be found on the official Wasatch Soccer website.
In addition to general soccer programs, there are also tournaments camps available by Utah Youth Soccer, RSL, AYSO and Weber State. To reference all contacts for soccer and other sports opportunities in the Ogden community, visit the official Recreation web page.