Farmers Market Ogden is opening a modified version of the summer market in compliance with local and state health regulations for social distancing.
When: Saturdays, June 20 to September 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please read through the additional details of Farmers Market Ogden 2020 below from their page...
- Farmers Market Ogden 2020 will be held entirely in the 300 block of Historic 25th Street between Grant Ave. and Washington Blvd.
- The first three weeks of Farmers Market Ogden will be grocery vendors only.
- Vendors will be spaced 10 feet apart, with hand-washing stations every fifth vendor.
- "And She’s Dope Too" will be providing an outdoor community yoga class in the municipal park every market Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. while following social distancing guidelines. Please be sure to bring your own yoga mat. While this class is free and open to the public, donations are encouraged.
- SNAP users can now exchange up to $30 for Double Up Food Bucks at our on-site information booth.
- We encourage attendees to utilize the District Court and Justice Court parking lots. Please limit your use of Historic 25th Street parking, as we want to ensure customers can access local retailers, restaurants and other services.
In addition to the changes listed above, we will be launching a Friday’s Live by Farmers Market Ogden digital concert series. We love live music and it is a significant part of everything we do. Unfortunately, we are unable to have live music at Farmers Market Ogden as it creates an opportunity for congregating and not allowed at public events. Our solution? A digital concert series! Instead of hosting two bands and several buskers each Saturday, we will be hiring them to perform live on our Facebook page before each market.
A key component of Farmers Market Ogden is the participation of Historic 25th Street businesses. With the modified footprint of Farmers Market Ogden 2020, we encourage market attendees to plan extra time to browse the galleries, retail stores and other local businesses on Historic 25th Street. Grab a bite to eat at one of the local restaurants before browsing the shops for artisan goods and other creations.
We are staying informed on the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 and will continue to evaluate Farmers Market Ogden moving forward as suggested by the CDC, health department and city officials. While we might be changing the way we do things, our commitment to local is unwavering. We are excited to bring this valuable component of the local food system back to the community for another summer season. Please follow our Farmers Market Ogden 2020 event page for more updates.
Farmers Market Ogden is an authorized SNAP/EBT/DUFB retailer. What does this mean? SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a federal nutrition program built to support recipients in stretching their food budget to buy healthier food and move toward self-sufficiency.
EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) cards are given to SNAP recipients and work like a debit card.
DUFB (Double Up Food Bucks) is a nutrition incentive program that helps give SNAP recipients access to even more locally grown fresh fruits and veggies. DUFB works by matching federal SNAP benefits dollar-for-dollar.
We love being able to support such incredible programs that help SNAP participants AND keep food dollars circulating within our local economy!