It is Ogden City policy that all volunteers who want to work with vulnerable populations that includes children under age 18, senior citizens ages 60 or older and or persons with physical or mental disabilities must give Ogden City permission to conduct a criminal background check and provide residency verification for last 10 years. Misrepresentation or omission of facts will result in disqualification of your application to volunteer.
Automatic disqualification: An applicant shall be disqualified to work with vulnerable populations on behalf of the Department if he/she has ever been sanctioned for any criminal conduct described as follows:
1. Any crimes against minors, seniors or persons with disabilities or any sexual offense
2. Any felony conviction involving violence
3. Any felony conviction within prior 7 years
4. Any criminal offense that is drug related within 3 prior years
5. Any criminal offense that is alcohol related, including DUI, within the prior year
6. More than two criminal offences that are drug or alcohol related, including DUI within 5 Prior years
Discretionary Disqualification: An applicant may be disqualified to work with vulnerable populations of behalf of the Department, at the reasonable discretion of the supervising division manager, if any of the following circumstances exist:
1. Applicant has been sanctioned for one or more criminal offenses not described in the section on automatic disqualification and the offense(s) reasonably raises the possibility of risk of neglect, abuse, harm, or detriment to vulnerable populations if the same offense(s) or similar conduct were repeated in the presence of the vulnerable populations that applicant will be working with.
2. Applicant has a history of conduct know to the Department of unprofessional, dishonest, unethical, unsportsmanlike, rule-breaking, reckless, or other inappropriate behavior, or violation of court orders, which in the view of the Department demonstrate that vulnerable populations will not be well-serves by supervised interaction with or mentoring by application.